Sunday, April 10, 2011

More Camping!

After petrified dunes, we went to the White Rock trail. Surrounded by all the red rocks and sand, this hill really stood out. Thinking back, I wish I had picked up some samples of the different sands, red, white and even black. Anyway, it was cool. A short hike took us to a natural amphitheater where the kids, once again, scrambled up and down the rocks. It's amazing how tired they can be on the path, then as soon as we get somewhere with rocks, they are bouncing with energy! We finished the day with Tinfoil dinners, more hot cocoa and gooey s'mores around a wonderfully warm campfire. I have to say, Snow Canyon State Park has an awesome campground! I loved the warm showers and flush toilets in clean bathrooms, and the kids loved to ride their scooters around. Combined with the incredible natural beauty of the canyon, all this made it a place we can't wait to go to again!
Sadie and her cousin loved being "Twinners" in their matching PJ's! And, of course, we couldn't go camping without some injuries... I think everyone but Sadie ended up with a few band-aids and scrapes. Nathan topped them all though, when he crashed his scooter! This picture doesn't quite do justice to the bloody mess he was before I cleaned him up. Luckily nothing was deep and no stitches were needed. He just scraped off a lot of skin on his hand, arm, knee and chest (that part isn't pictured). By the time we left camp, my first aid kit was almost completely empty!
I'm just glad we all ended up home, safe and sound, and a little sunburned. It was quite a shock to the system to get back and find everything blanketed with snow! It makes me especially glad we took the trip and got to bask in the sun for a few days.

1 comment:

Donna said...

Sounds like a GREAT Spring Break!!

I like the warm showers and flush toilets idea for camping!! That's my kind of camping!!

It's fun to see pics and hear what you guys are up to!!