Friday, February 06, 2009

Happy Groundhog Day!!

This was a cute activity, and a break from the normal school-day routine. I saw the idea online somewhere and tweaked it to comply with the materials I had on hand. They turned out great. We are also tracking the weather to see how accurate the groundhog is. After some discussion they decided Spring will be here when the temperature is between 40-60 for one week. I'm afraid that might not happen until April or even May, but we're keeping track anyway. :o)

2 comments:

Donna said...

Hey, I love your Bee background. Are you as busy as a bee?? Cute!!

Your groundhogs are cute, too!

What fun lap books. Are they 9X12 or are they the legal size? I love it when I get these collections of the kids work from school. Lately I've been getting them in the longer form and they don't fit in the filing cabinet!! I have to find a new place to put them!

Outer Space should be really fun, I love the sky!!

Have a Great Day!!

Angie said...

Thanks Donna!

I wanted to change the background and was looking at all the winter options, but we decided we've had enough of winter. I found this background in the 'Spring' section and loved it. So I'm refusing to acknowledge that winter's still here, this new background is my protest! LOL!

The lapbooks are 9 x 12. We use regular manila folders, which fit great in our file cabinet. At the rate we're going, I may need to get a whole new cabinet just for home-school lapbooks! But we like to do them and I think they'll be a great way to review the things we've learned at the end of the school year.