Thursday, February 26, 2009

ZOO

Wednesday was FREE ZOO DAY at Hogle Zoo! So, of course, we braved the crowds and mile-long walk from the parking lot to enjoy the unseasonably warm weather and see all the animals.



The penguins were a favorite right off. They are so active and fun compared to the animals that simple munch grass the whole time. Sadie especially loved it when they "played follow-the-leader" and waddled around in a nice little line. Another favorite were the bears; they were wrestling, up on hind legs and rolling around, biting and bumping. It reminded me a lot of my boys! :o)



I must confess, my personal best at the zoo was just watching the kids. I love seeing their faces light up when the animals do something cool, or when they learn some new piece of information. I also loved their imitation of the bats flying around! So I basically took pictures of the kids, not the animals, and we all had a great time!





The last two pictures are of our Chinese Dragon Dance back in January. I finally loaded them onto my computer!

1 comment:

Donna said...

I do the same thing, take pics of the kids instead of the animals!!

Love the Dragon pics, too! Great Dragon!!