Tuesday, November 03, 2009

This is Halloween!!!

We had a very fun, eventful and busy Halloween this year. We began with a ward activity, followed by a special Halloween activity at Grandma Krammer's, a Trunk-or-Treat at the grocery store and plenty of Trick-or-Treating! We pretty much have candy and sugar coming out our ears!

The kids and I had a great time decorating the house. We made hanging bats and hung up some spiders on "
webs" and also made ghost suckers, which are now spread all over the house. It was fun to make them and they look awesome. We'll leave them up for a few days more, I think.

Costumes this year were so fun! Nathan decided to be an Alien, but altered his costume when our ward activity instructed no masks. He became a person being abducted by an alien. (B
asically we stuffed his costume and had the alien hanging over his back with the arms around him.) Unfortunately it was heavier than expected and Nate ended up with his costume being 'a kid giving a piggy-back to a narcoleptic alien.' I wish I had pictures of this, but it didn't last very long. For other activities, Nathan made a fabulous regular alien.

Brandon was a Ninja Turtle (Leonardo, I think). We used an old costume that my mom made for my brothers when we were young. Sadie was a lady bug, as she has been announcing to anyone she meets for the last month or so. They all looked great and had a blast.

Nick
and I didn't dress up this year, though he's decided to be Doctor Octopus next year and is anxious to get started on his costume...

No comments: