Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Dinosaurs and a Dress

Today, so far, has been fun. Brandon has realized that he can read the Magic Tree House books all by himself and still enjoy them! He's on chapter eight right now and reading happily.

Earlier the kids were playing and it was so imaginative and creative that I simply let them continue even though it was technically school time. They were pretending the bathroom was a time machine and ended up in the time of the dinosaurs. Nathan then became the "Time Police" and helped them understand why they couldn't bring dinosaurs back to their time, though he eventually conceded that one little egg would be okay. The egg turned into a baby stegosaurus, which they named Monty. At that point, Sadie and Brandon played with the baby dinosaur, chasing it around the house and convincing it not to eat paper, only leaves. Nathan spent the time doing some work on their time machine. Overall, it was a very entertaining morning and I was able to work on a different project:

I saw this cute idea on the Prudent Homemaker website (listed on my sidebar). So, I'm making an Easter dress for Sadie out of one of my old shirts! It's white eyelet and will have some pale green ribbon and little white crochet lace around the hem. I'm really excited; it's going to be adorable! I will have several hours to work on the crocheted lace edges while I'm on my car trip this weekend.

1 comment:

Donna said...

Wow, I am impressed! I sure had fun the other day looking over that sight. What a story!

Good luck on the dress, I can't wait to see it finished and on her!