Thursday, March 05, 2009

We're Staying!

Well, we talked to a realtor today to help us figure out whether we should move or not. Because of the low price of houses now and the cost of actually selling (Realtors are expensive!) we will be staying put.

I have extremely mixed feelings about this. Part of me is pretty disappointed. I'd love to live somewhere with no fix-ups and repairs constantly needed, and a family room and storage room would be nice, too. But boxing everything up and hauling it down three flights of stairs won't be necessary now. :o) And the boys can still enjoy the room we painted for them and I will be here for the awesome enrichment activities that I've planned!

I was sort of mentally prepared for this outcome, so it's nice that it's not a total shock. We'll refinance and hopefully be able to save some money that way. We'll use our tax return to fix things up a little. And, last but not least, our neighbors are now NICE! The long drawn-out drama involving drugs, police, death-threats and an ambulance have reached an end and we have a very nice lady living below us now.

So, all in all, I'm excited to do more with this place, painting, etc. The one thing I would really love would be to get my piano somehow up all those stairs and into my home. I miss it!!! I'll just have to play at my parents' house more often. I'm sure they'll love that! ;)

3 comments:

Shelly said...

Thank goodness the worst part about living there had been remedied. I am glad you will still be living close to us!

Anna said...

I'm glad you are staying!!! And your trip sounds like it was really fun!!

Donna said...

Wow, I guess I missed out on all the yuck you've been dealing with. Sorry it has been so rough. But I am so glad things are better now!