Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Haircuts and Cocoons!

I just realized it's been a week since I posted! I'm so sorry. There are three main things to add: Sadie and I got haircuts, Moon-Shine made his cocoon and we finished our Space Lapbooks.

Haircuts first! Sadie and I went together and both cut our hair much shorter than it's been. It's a bit of a shock, but we like it. I didn't realize how much my natural waves would affect the style. In these pictures, it's pretty much unstyled, doing whatever it wants! LOL

On Saturday night our little caterpillar started acting funny. He would pick up a little tiny twig in his mouth and stick it to the side of the bucket. Then he did it again and again. I took pictures of the process and he's in the top left corner of most of the photos. I found out it's called a leaf-litter cocoon. He is wrapped in cocoon threads inside all the leafs and twigs he pulled around him. I'm really not normally fond of bugs, but it was so cool to watch! Now I just have to figure out how to build a butterfly house within the next two weeks!

I'll have to post about the boys space lapbooks later...

1 comment:

Donna said...

Wow, that actually is pretty cool!!
Keep us "posted"!

I love the haircuts, too!

I thought it was pretty cute to see that you both have very similiar smiles!